Monday, April 7, 2008

Find Your Rhythm

Find Your Rhythm Lifestyle...a shared passion for physical recreation in the outdoors, relentless world travel, mental/emotional fitness (this means an equal balance of employing our brains and our hearts as guides) and general health-promoting habits. We're talking about being free in our hearts so we can:
  • find the rhythm in life that feels most authentic and meaningful to us
  • express this authentic rhythm to the world---it's what nature intended
My authentic rhythm happens to be one of constant CHANGE. I have a self-proclaimed, perpetual case of wanderlust. Just the mere mention of a new adventure or distant journey and I immediately perk up. My husband lures me to our more mundane tasks by attaching the promise of an adventure to get me interested. Instead of, "C'mon Bron, we need to go grocery shopping," he'll wisely say, "Hey Bron, we need groceries badly and there is a new Whole Foods in Oakland. We'll take the bikes and ride through a really seedy area of town to get there..it'll be a real adventure!" And I'm already clamoring to slip into my biking shorts. It's really that easy.

I am painfully paralyzed by predictability; I thoroughly thrive in change. What am I gonna do? It's my rhythm. It's what makes me feel most alive---the best version of Bronwen possible. I'm learning to love it.

What's your rhythm?




No comments: